- Govindalaya is registered as a Public Charitable Trust under Indian Trusts Act. Our registration Number is 885 in Book No. 4, Vol. No. 1,591 at pages 111 to 121 dated 12.05.2012 with Sub-Registrar – IX, New Delhi.
- We are enrolled with Planning Commission of India (now NITI Aayog – National Institution for Transforming India) as Voluntary Organizations (VO) under NGO Partnership System (http://ngo.india.gov.in/). Our Unique Id. is DL/2012/0055754.
- We are registered with Directorate of Income Tax (Exemptions) as a charitable Public Trust under Sections 12A & 12AA & 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961. Donations made to us are exempted from tax as permissible under law. Please see relevant orders.
- Learning & Awareness Centre: We commenced this centre since January 2014 to promote Computer Literacy. In April 2004 Infosys considered us as one of their CSR partner and has provided hardware support for us to set up a 20 seater computer training institute. In May 2014 National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) – erstwhile DOEACC – of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Govt. of India declared our facility and processes as a “Facilitation Centre” to conduct training and examination for Course on Computer Concepts (CCC) and Basic Computer Course (BCC). .Please see supporting documents
- School for Farmers: Odisha University of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT) on acknowledging potential of our land & infrastructure; and our efforts to set up a school for farmers instructed Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), Umerkote to work with us. At present KVK has been periodically conducting training and demonstration events on our field and also conducting farm-scientists’ and farmers’ meet. Our aim is to get our facilities declared by the University as an ‘extension / field education centre’ for its students and faculty. Please see OUAT correspondence.
Our proposal with National Horticulture Board (NHB) for “Development of commercial horticulture through production and post harvest management of horticulture crops” is now under active consideration.
We have also submitted a proposal to institute a Community College with Tata Institute of Social Sciences – School of Vocational Education (TISS-SVE). Through this proposed institute we will teach and train in Agriculture, Horticulture and allied subjects.
- Association with Agriculture Technology & Management Agency (ATMA): Since June 2013 we are one of the empanelled NGO to implement ATMA’s various schemes. As training partners of ATMA we have been conducting various trainings and exposure visits for farmers and women entrepreneurs of Nabarangpur district. Please see ATMA communication.
- Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India: We provided science exhibition interpretation services to Bio-diversity special Science Express (a joint initiative by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India and VA Sarabhai Foundation). Our 72 volunteers – all science graduates – interpreted the exhibition on wheels (a special train) at Balangir & Rayagada of Odisha and Visakhapatnam of Andhra Pradesh to thousands of children in their mother tongue. This intervention proved the exhibition more meaningful and productive for children who are not familiar with English and Hindi. Please see the letter of appreciation issued by Dept. of S&T.